Dallas, Texas Climate & Temperature
- Dallas, Texas, Usa is at 32°51'N, 96°50'W, 147 m (482 ft). See map.
- Dallas, Texas has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Dallas, Texas is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 18.7 degrees Celsius (65.7 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 22 °C (39.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 14°C (57.2°F) on average falling to 3°C (37.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 23.7°C (74.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 12.3°C (54.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 34.3°C (93.8°F) and average low temperatures are 23.3°C (74°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 25.3°C (77.6°F) during the day and lows of 13.7°C (56.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 879 mm (34.6 inches) which is equivalent to 879 Litres/m² (21.56 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2910 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Dallas, Texas you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Dallas, Texas Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Dallas, Texas Climate Graph in Metric Units
Dallas, Texas Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Dallas, Texas, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Pauls Valley, Ok, Usa - 209.5 kms (130.2 miles) N
- Wichita Falls, Tx, Usa - 196 kms (121.8 miles) NW
- Fort Worth, Tx, Usa - 18 kms (11.2 miles) WNW
- Weatherford, Tx, Usa - 89.1 kms (55.4 miles) W
- Dublin, Tx, Usa - 143.5 kms (89.2 miles) SW
- Waco, Tx, Usa - 141.4 kms (87.9 miles) SSW
- Temple, Tx, Usa - 200.3 kms (124.4 miles) SSW
- Lampasas, Tx, Usa - 235 kms (146 miles) SSW